The GOLDEN "A to Z" of Acrylics
Sat, Sep 14, 2019 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Raw Materials Art Supplies
645 South Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles, California 90014, United States
This lecture by Golden Working Artist Christina Ramos delivers a ton of valuable information about acrylics, introducing the basics while opening up new possibilities.
You'll learn about:
- Mineral and modern pigments and how this relates to clean color mixing, glazing and the creation of fabulous new colors.
- The unique properties of Fluids, Heavy Body, OPEN and High Flow Acrylics.
- The unusual effects of Interference and Iridescent colors.
- The many Gels and Mediums and how they can change the texture, saturation, intensity of color, and be used for sculptural effects.
- Grounds that create truly, contemporary surfaces for painting, drawing, pastel, and mixed media.
Each lecture includes an array of examples of these materials put to use.
You will leave the lecture enthusiastic to explore the extensive potential of acrylic painting!
The lecture also includes a brief introduction to Golden's non-acrylic products, Williamsburg Handmade Oil Colors, and QoR Watercolor.
Christina Ramos is a nationally recognized artist from Southern California. Specializing in figurative realism, Christina was recently named by American Galleries as one of America's Great Painters. Her work has been shown throughout the United States and has been honored with awards from esteemed jurors like Max Ginsburg, Dean Mitchell, Tony Pro, and Kristin Hoerth, Editor and Chief of Southwest Art magazine. (Read more.)